Ordivan RPG Forums
Please login or register.
Ordivan RPG Forums
Please login or register.
Ordivan RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A most EPIC Roleplaying Game!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:07 pm

"It's like we were discussing about weather magic," Keith said. "Necromancy has destructive capability, and so is frequently used for that purposed, so it is considered evil. But all magic, to some extent, has similar destructive capability."
Back to top Go down
http://bookwyrmnick.wordpress.com
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:17 pm

"Precisely! To qualify one form of magic as more evil and destructive than another is ignorant." Vorxpol nodded, appreciating this young man's mind.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:30 pm

"When you get right down to it," Keith said, somewhat lost in his own musings, "it's the very thing that Necromancy can't control, the soul, that determines whether a magic is used for good or evil."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:43 pm

Tempest laughed. "Okay, you guys can talk philosophy. I'll go find my favorite book."
Vorxpol grinned at his daughter, but nodded thoughtfully. "Yes. Quite right, really. Motive is what drives the evil or good of your magic."
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:31 pm

"I'm not sure that's quite right either." Keith idly created a small ball of magelight, twirling it around his hands as he talked. "A man may commit an evil act with a good motive. If you know that a country is going to commit atrocities, are you justified in calling down a hurricane to wipe out its capitol?" He snuffed out the magelight. "Magic is no more good or evil than a sword, no matter if it is Necromancy or healing. Only the actions of men can be called good or evil."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Vorxpol considered what Keith had said. "But, if this "evil" act had a good motive and a good reason, who is to say that it is evil? And a lot of it has to do with context. If you wipe out your hypothetical country'a capital under peace, then yes, it might be considered evil - depending on whose viewpoint you're looking at. But if the two countries were at war, then it's an entirely different matter. So you're right; magic is a morally neutral entity. But motive is a big part of it, and naturally, consequences of actions are as well. But context is very important in your study of magic. Something that might be inappropriate in one situation could be exactly what needs doing in another." He smiled. "It's reassuring to see students who care for philosophizing."
Tempest crouched on the floor by a bookcase and extricated a book that had been tightly squeezed in.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 6:28 pm

"And the restriction of magic by the Council could cause more trouble than it prevents, for precisely the reason you just mentioned. If the correct solution to a given situation is a powerful Necromantic spell, what are the odds that there will be someone nearby who knows the spell? Not good, given the stigma against Necromancy, and the regulations binding it." Keith shook his head. "Bureaucracy has no business meddling in magic."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Vorxpol thought for a moment. "I don't quite agree with you, partially because it isn't bureaucracy. Magic is limited, yes, but remember, our king is the oldest wizard in Ordivan. He is aware of needs for magic, and he supports and encourages magic. Why else would necromancy and mind bending be study topics in the magic academies? Tempest might have told you that I am a Court Wizard. Magic is encouraged by the government."
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:57 pm

"Yes, sir, and I mean no disrespect to you, or His Majesty, but I still think the restrictions are too harsh. And Necromancy may be taught, but there is still a stigma surrounding it." Keith bowed his head slightly. "But I have only seventeen years of experience to speak on. I admit there is much I do not know. All I have is what I have seen, and what I think of it."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:52 pm

"As you well should. It keeps a mind bright to question things... just don't go too far. The Court keeps an eye on prodigies." He grinned. "Tempest, what are you looking for?" he exclaimed, glancing at his daughter, who was struggling to pull a volume out of the bookcase high above her head.

"Just... grabbing... this..." she muttered, straining. "Where's the step stool?"

"Oh. I think I took that to the kitchen, actually." Vorxpol smiled.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:22 pm

Keith considered using his telekinesis to get it, but he had a better idea. A more fun idea, at any rate. He stepped over to her. "Here, let me." He was only a few inches taller, but it was enough to reach up and get the book. In the process, he ended up leaning close to her, casually intimate, and was careful to act as though it wasn't intentional. Only the faint mischievous smile on his face as he handed her the book gave anything away, and he was careful not to let her father see.

He turned back to Vorxpol before Tempest could react to his playful move. "I never go to far, sir. In any area of my life." He was sure the old man would understand the faint subtext regarding his intentions towards Tempest.

Then he added, silently to himself, Not until it's too late for anyone to stop me.
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:41 am

Tempest tensed as Keith brushed up against her. She took the book from him, slightly unnerved by his proximity.

Vorxpol nodded, catching his meaning. "Good. I would hate to see your talent wasted."
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:46 am

Keith nodded, then looked out the window at the dark night. "I'd best be getting home now, sir. Thank you for allowing me to see your library. May I return once I have permission to decipher the books on mind-bending?"
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:16 pm

Vorxpol smiled. "Of course you may. Make sure the teacher writes you a note; I could get into trouble otherwise." He rolled his eyes and shrugged, chuckling. "And you're very welcome. Come back more often. You can come read here occasionally, if you want."

Tempest smiled at him. "Thanks for coming, Keith. I had a lot of fun."
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:18 pm

"I had fun, too, Tempest. We'll have to do this again sometime." He briefly considered kissing her cheek, and probably would have, had her father not been present. He settled for giving her a brief hug, shaking Vorxpol's hand, and heading out, well satisfied with the encounter as a whole.
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:46 pm

Tempest smiled as he walked out the door. She was finally making a new friend. Her father was probably insanely pleased, but she didn't really want to see his knowing smile, so she grabbed her books and left the library quickly, heading for her bedroom.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 1:28 am

*OOC* This all supposedly took place on a Friday, right?
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 1:40 am

*OOC* Yeppers.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 1:50 am

*OOC* Okay. Who has the Mental teacher? Keith's going to talk to them on Saturday morning, early, and then show up at Tempest's house.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:34 pm

*OOC*
The mental magics teacher isn't played by anyone. He's very skeptical, though. If you want, he can be played by Fen-Sheng.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:37 pm

*OOC* Can we just assume Keith managed to get permission? He's the best student in the class.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:48 pm

*OOC*

Okay. Why not? It isn't Saturday yet, though.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:14 pm

*OOC* Okay. I'll go post in his house, to give him more depth. When will it be Saturday?
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:18 pm

I guess when Evander goes to sleep and Niphia stops crying on Kithell's shoulder Smile Soon enough, I should think.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:55 pm

Saturday morning, after a very cursory telepathic sweep to ensure that Tempest and her father were awake, Keith knocked on the door, holding the note from the head of his house, giving him permission to read the encrypted books.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)   The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Valentine Home (Upper-Middle Class section of Ren)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next