Ordivan RPG Forums
Please login or register.
Ordivan RPG Forums
Please login or register.
Ordivan RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A most EPIC Roleplaying Game!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:17 am

Tempest's eyes widened. Summoning lightning? This would be exciting! She perked up to listen more closely.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 8:46 pm

"Yes. Exciting, no?" Filrian grinned. "Now. I need someone to read the first paragraph on page 206." He paused. "Tempest, thank you for volunteering!"
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:38 pm

Tempest huffed good-naturedly and began reading the section. She made sure to enunciate and read slowly enough that others could keep up.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:43 pm

Filrian smiled as she finished. "Thank you! Now... Niphia."

Niphia blushed bright red. She read the paragraph very quietly.

"A little louder, if you would," prodded Filrian kindly. Niphia looked mutinous. "Please." She reluctantly nodded, then read it again, louder this time.
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:49 pm

Tempest listened as Niphia read her part. She wondered how someone could be so shy that they were afraid to read in front of people. Tempest may not have a lot of friends, but people didn't scare her at all.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:33 pm

"Thank you, Niphia," said Filrian as Niphia finished reading. He then made all the other students read their parts. "Thank you, everyone." He glanced at his time-keeping thing. "We have only a little while longer. Something you should know before the lab: The key to summoning lightning is concentration and, strangely enough, agitation. Also, do not forget the essay. I think that will do. Ready, set, go."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Tempest grinned at her teacher's eccentricity. She put her books back into her bag, and headed for the door, but bumped into Niphia, who had made a beeline to it as well. "Oh, sorry about that."
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:03 pm

"It's... it's okay," whispered Niphia. She left.

Filrian organized his notes for the next class.
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:17 pm

Tempest rolled her eyes and strode out the door to her next class, Beskra. She didn't really like languages. She didn't like a lot of her classes, but Beskra was hard. The grammar was really weird.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:27 pm

Niphia headed to her next class, Enchantments. Enchantments was her best and favorite class.

Filrian hummed excitedly to himself.
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:39 pm

*OOC*
FIlrian's so amusing xD

*IC*
Tempest slid into her seat in the back of the classroom and dodged the old professor's watchful eye. Professor Almiri had never really liked her, and Tempest didn't get along with the old woman either.
"Alright, class." He voice sounded old; cracked and papery. "Today we will be going over the correct usage of proper nouns combined with past perfect participles."
Tempest sighed and sunk deeper into her chair, ready to endure an hour of torture.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:13 pm

Keith slipped into the back row of his telepathy class just as the professor called the class to order. With his usual eerieness, the professor eyed Keith. "If you wouldn't waste so much time wrestling with your brother, you wouldn't have to rush to get to class."

Chastened, Keith cast his eyes down. "Yes, Professor."

"Now then, the foundations of telepathy, and, later, telepathic control, are simple enough..."

Keith settled in to listen to his instructor. Mind over matter, he thought to himself. Kyle won't always be able to beat me just because he's stronger, little punk.
Back to top Go down
http://bookwyrmnick.wordpress.com
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:03 pm

Tempest huffed when the teacher called on her to answer a question. As a seventh year, she was expected to be nearly fluent in Beskra, having taken it since her first year, but she still stumbled over words, and confused the order of verbs and adjectives.

Ugh. I can't wait till the lab later. That at least should be interesting."
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:04 pm

*OOC* +1 for fifth years! XD

*IC*

"We shall be practicing custom enchantments and spells," said the Enchantments professer, Agen Forge. "As spells are less complicated than enchantments, we will be studying custom spells first. I trust you have done your homework and read the chapter on custom spells. Pair up and begin creating spells."

Niphia headed to where her friend, Amber Ravenflame, was seated. They paired up. Amber was also in Niphia's House, Edarnys.

"Okay, Niph, I guess you can go first," said Amber.

Niphia nodded. "Yeah, I knew that we were going to be doing this activity, so I practiced a long time last night."

"Yeah... I didn't," said Amber, laughing quietly. Niphia joined in. "Anyway, we should start, otherwise Professer Forge will doom us with "Cause Crossdressing" or something."

Niphia nodded again. "Okay. I'll start." She took out her implement, a black knife, seven inches long, and pointed it at Amber. "Bronze Web," she murmured. Bronze tendrils snaked out of the desk that was between them and wound around Amber's body. Amber looked mildly surprised.

"Gah, you've always been better at this than me," said Amber. Niphia giggled.

Proffeser Forge walked over, an approving look in his eyes. "Well done, Niphia. Unless, Amber merely managed to bind herself. It would not be the first time..."

Filrian went through his announcements for the day to his current class.

Last edited by Piutebob on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:41 pm

Tempest rocked her chair onto its back legs. She made sure not to go too far; she had laughed at plenty of students who had made that mistake before.

Apparently, Almiri didn't share Tempest's confidence in her ability to stay upright. "Tempest Valentine, put your chair back on all four legs!" she snapped. Tempest obliged, allowing the chair to slam down with a bang. Everyone who hadn't been looking at her yet turned to stare at her.

Tempest raised her eyebrows at the teacher, whose face had darkened. "Detention. Tomorrow." Almiri glared at Tempest, and Tempest returned it.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:48 pm

*OOC* Bummer, Tempy. Detention on a Saturday.

*IC*

"Okay, now I'll go," said Amber. "Hold on, just let me think.... Ok, I've got one." She took out her implement, a wilted rose (she glanced at it with remorse), pointed it at Niphia, then shouted, "Unbelievable Noodles Curse!"

The whole class turned to stare as noodles began to come out of every orifice on Amber's face: mouth, nose, and ears.

"Amber... Remember, you're supposed to focus on your target while you cast a spell, not yourself," whispered Niphia.

Agen Forge approached his eyebrows raised. "I see it has happened again. How many times must you be told to hold an image of your target in your mind while casting a spell?"

Amber sit out a mouthful of noodles before answering. "Yeah, I know... It's just, I'm so awesome I can't help but think of myself." She grinned.

Professer Forge facepalmed.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:04 pm

*OOC*

XD @ Professor facepalm

*IC*

Keith walked out of his class, head buzzing with everyone else's thoughts. Reading minds, that was easy. Reading one specific mind, that was harder. He paused in midstep as he suddenly got a strong mental image of a girl with noodles coming out of her face. He shook his head and kept walking. "Undisciplined Enchanters..." He slipped into his Basic Necromancy, still picking up random thoughts. _Well, at least I'll be able to answer questions, hopefully._
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 7:48 pm

*OOC* Oh, just a side note, Nick, students don't only take classes dealing with their House (hence Niphia taking Elemental magic); also, their grouping in a House is based on their specialty. Typically, wizards have one specialty, i.e telepathy or necromancy. Also, without a license, practising necromancy is illegal, so in class they would just learn theory. They can apply for a license in their 8th year at school (typically a 17 year old; students may not enroll in school before they are 10, and typically don't enroll later than that). If he enrolled at 10, the minimum age requirement, Keith is a fifth year. Just so you know.

*IC*
"Class dismissed," said Forge.
On this note, Niphia got up and headed to her next class, Prophecy. This was another class she shared with Amber. Prophecy was Niphia's worst and least favorite class, but Amber got a kick out of it.

They walked into the room that smelled strongly of incense and tea. A large woman sat at a desk, Professor Davery.

Niphia and Amber took their seats in the back of the class.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 8:02 pm

*OOC* I knew they took more classes than just their house. I also figured Necromancy was either illegal or frowned upon, hence why he's a fifth year and it's only basic.

*IC* Keith was out the door as soon as the Professor dismissed the class. One downside of having Necromancy right after Telepathy was picking up the creepy thoughts the Necromancy master had. Keith shivered as he reached his next class, Elemental. He flopped into the first available seat and took out the assignment he had been given yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 8:13 pm

Filrian looked at Keith. "Why, hello. I trust your assignment went well? I shall take that now... Grade it later, possibly tonight. Oh, Mother! Tomorrow's a weekend. I can do it then." He smiled.

Niphia pored over her teacup. "I'm not seeing anything. You?"

Amber smiled deviously. "Oh, yes. Something about the end of the world. An evil god will raise an army of undead soldiers... oh, the Chang Shouming, yes, that's it. This army will overrun Ordivan as we know it, but the evil god will be stopped by a Godling, trained by the King's brother himself."

Niphia looked incredulous. "You're joking."

Amber nodded. "Naturally."

*OOC*The Chang Shouming were destroyed hundreds of years ago by the gods. In English, it's Long-Lived, which is what people usually call them. They had extremely long life-spans. Every wizard has Chang Shouming in his or her ancestry. They were the originally the ones with magic (excluding Beskra).

Also, Amber's prophecy wasn't wrong. That's what my story is gonna be about. Funny that she's in Edarnys rather than Dalittas.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:36 pm

Keith nodded. "Yes, sir. Also, I did notice some conflicts between some of the masters on the nature of water magic. While most of them agree it's a primarily defensive and supportive magic, some of the lesser known but incredibly brilliant ones say that, when used properly, it's the most powerful offensive element."
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:32 pm

*OOC* So I take that during class time synchronization doesn't work. It's just too hard. As long as we all end the school day at the same time.

*IC*
FIlrian smiled. "Excellent. Tell me, which stand do you take? Water as a primarily defensive element, or most powerful offensive?"

After sitting through an hour of torture listening to Davery talk about how the whole world is doomed, the class is doomed (Amber in particular), the teachers are doomed, the school is doomed, and the gods are doomed, Niphia and Amber headed to their next class, Healing.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:44 pm

*ooc*
Yeah, that sounds good.

*IC*
"Offensive, to be sure. A flash flood or a drought could both destroy a civilization."
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:41 am

Filirian resumed smiling. "Ah, yes, that is true. It is a powerful offensive indeed. For a point or two extra credit, before the others arrive, can you tell me the best counter to water magic?"

Niphia's in-class assignment required healing her partner, who ended up being none other than Amber, naturally. She held her knife over the wound that was put on Amber, and muttered, "Heal the wound." The wound expanded began to bleed, but nothing else happened.

"Oooh, nice, Niph. If you ever get in a fuel with someone, try to heal their whole body. I guarantee that they will explode in a volcano of gore," said Amber, smirking.

"Oh, shut up. You're not much better at it yourself."

"At least I can close the wound, not make it worse."
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:15 am

Keith pursed his lips, thinking before he replied. "Well, if you know you can control the elements more skillfully than your opponent, fire or lightning would evaporate the water. If you needed to be more cunning, ice or earth could deflect it. Ice would also make an excellent retaliatory strike. So I'd have to say, overall, ice would be the element to counter water with." He grinned mischievously. "There's always telepathy, of course. If I can make him drown in his own water attack, I don't need to counter."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next