Ordivan RPG Forums
Please login or register.
Ordivan RPG Forums
Please login or register.
Ordivan RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A most EPIC Roleplaying Game!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 4:15 pm

He chuckled. "I would be stupid if I thought that I knew everything. I doubt even the king himself knows all there is to know about magic."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Tempest raised her eyebrows. "But I thought he was pretty much the best wizard around - being really old and all."
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 4:40 pm

"Oh, there's no doubt about that. But you must understand that many of magic's secrets were lost with the fall of the Chang Shouming. There is a possibility that the King knows them, but I, personally, find that unlikely.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Keith nodded and gathered up his things.
Back to top Go down
http://bookwyrmnick.wordpress.com
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 4:51 pm

"We can stay here if you want." He grabbed a chair and sat in it.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 4:54 pm

"All right." He settled back into his chair, putting his things down.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 5:29 pm

"As I'm sure you didn't know, I've had some experience with mind-bending before."
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 5:31 pm

"I certainly wouldn't have guessed it."
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 5:34 pm

Filrian snorted, unsure if it was meant to be a hidden insult. "Regardless, I have learned some secrets to mind-bending that may help you in your studies. However, I first need your promise that you will not practice this in public. I don't need you going to prison because of me."
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 5:42 pm

Keith thought back to his cat trick in the Valentine home. "I promise."
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:08 pm

Filrian nodded, satisfied. "There are many things that can be accomplished with mind-bending, as you know--but there is one major problem with it: it is not infallible, even though many users of it believe it to be so. Of course, this is with good reason because it is a mighty part of magic." He looked down at his hands, then back at Keith. "Did I ever tell you of my time under the control of a might mind-bender?"
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Keith blinked in surprise and shook his head.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 5:40 pm

"Yes, well, it has been years since the incident. It's not something you forget easily." He faltered, eyes glazed over as he briefly relived his experience.
"Anyway, I learned much during that time--secrets that would make the King's head spin. Before you ask, these are not the secrets I am sharing with you. We will practice mind-defense. I know you mostly like going into other's minds, but that is only a part of any kind of mind-magic. One must learn to defend himself. I will begin by reading your mind, and you will attempt to block me. After each successful encounter, I will go stronger. Don't be ashamed to admit when you are beaten. To admit defeat is a sign of true strength, for it is only then that your friends and mentors can help you."
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 5:52 pm

Keith nodded, wondering if he should show how strong his mental shields really were. He was unsure whether he was stronger than the Professor, but he could certainly give him a run for his money.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Filrian closed his eyes and a mind-probe entered Keith's head, although oddly unaccompanied by the presence usually felt during a mental contact.

*OOC*

Filrian is just taking a precaution in case Keith attempts to give a counter-strike. This way, he can't.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:06 pm

Keith erected a mental shield, blocking out the probe.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:10 pm

"Good," said Filrian as he increased the strength of the probe.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:12 pm

Keith locked his eyes onto the Professor's, keeping his shield up, not leaving any vulnerabilities for the probe to slip through.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 10:17 am

Filrian cocked his eyebrow with a smile. The probe slowly began spreading across Keith's barriers, enveloping it. The strength increased.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 10:19 am

Keith gathered in his mind, making as small an area as possible so he could concentrate his shield more effectively, holding up his defenses against the spreading invasion.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:33 pm

Filrian covered Keith's entire consciousness with his. A strange pressure began to needle its way through Keith's barriers.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:54 pm

Keith tapped into his anger, utilizing his cold fury to launch a counter-probe. He didn't expect to break the professor's shield, but he did hope to rattle his concentration and weaken the probe.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 1:06 pm

Filrian merely absorbed the attack, taking advantage of Keith's attack to break through and enter his mind. Well done, he said. He retracted from Keith's mind. "Your barriers are stronger than I thought. However, I am by no means a master mind-bender. Against a true mind-bender, you would likely be at their mercy."
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Keith nodded. "I realize that."
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:56 am

"Don't get me wrong--you performed far better than anyone else your age. Have you been practicing? No, don't answer that. I'd hate to have to detain you." He smiled slightly.
"Allow me to tell you what you should have done: rather than retreating then striking as most mind-benders do, merely allow your enemy access. They will presume you are weak, thus lowering their guard. Additionally, in that brief moment that they are in your mind but are not in control, they are entirely at your mercy. It is at this moment that you will have a choice: cut off their probe (most likely incapacitating your opponent for a short while) or you may seize control of their mind via the link they have so kindly given to you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next