Ordivan RPG Forums
Please login or register.
Ordivan RPG Forums
Please login or register.
Ordivan RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A most EPIC Roleplaying Game!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Fen-Sheng
King of Ordivan

Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding Empty
PostSubject: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:55 pm

The Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding. It was founded by Iseld Teser long ago.
If you have Wizard blood in you, then you may come here for training and schooling.
Also, wizards use an implement. It can anything from a sword to a head of lettuce.
The youngest an initiate can be is 10. This is typically when a student enrolls in the Academy. They study for 10 years (until age 19). For magic that is illegal without a license (marked with a * on the list below), classes deal with theory only, until a student's 8th year (usually age 17), during which they can apply for a license to practice that particular magic. If they recieve the license, they may take classes that actually teach how to perform that magic and practice it.
(Basically, the Wizard schools work similar to Hogwarts in Harry Potter)

There are 6 different Houses:

• Ryttan - Students with a specialty in Natural Magics (Elemental, Animal Charming, Healing, Weather Manipulation*, etc) go in this House.
  • Dalittas - Students with a specialty in Prophecy and Foresight are part of this House.
  • Edarnys - Students with a specialty in Enchantments (implement creation, charming, etc) are placed in this House.
  • Sylys - Students with a specialty in Illusionary magic belong to this House.
  • Furus - Students with a specialty in slightly darker magics (necromancy*, telekinesis, mind-bending*, mind-reading, telepathy, etc) belong to this House.
  • Loneveil - Students with a specialty in conversion magics (shapeshifting, alchemy) belong in this house.

Entrance fee: 750 Orda.

Last edited by Fen-Sheng on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://ordivan.actieforum.com
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:56 pm

Filrian Darsmoon wandered into the school, ignoring the glances of disapproving co-teachers. He sauntered into his almost-full classroom. "I'm terribly sorry for being late. Certainly you're not too distressed?"
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 8:46 pm

"Very well. As you all know, we have a lab after school at 3 o'clock." Filrian paused to hand out homework. "This is due the day after tomorrow. The essay should be a page and a half long. Lateness will have drastic penalties, the likes of which you have never experienced, since you are such a good class. Let's keep it that way. Thank you. Also, please note that in problem five on page 144, the book merely repeated the prior question. A dreadful mistake, really. Thus, I want you to answer this: 'What are the most common branches of elemental magic? What is the least common? Who mastered the most difficult?'" He wrote it on the blackboard. "Also, know that today there will be no lunch break because of yesterday's devastating incident. Deep apologies. Now, open your textbooks to page 136. Silimil, please read the first two paragraphs aloud. Then Frimer, you read two, and so on. Start."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:19 pm

*IC*
Tempest slumped against the wall in the wizarding academy's hallway. She huffed, frustrated by her performance in her first class of the day. Foresight was not her strong point, but for some reason, the professor seemed to expect more from her than from anyone else in the class. It's not like Dad's well-known for it, either, so it's not like with animal charming. She just seems to think I should be better than everyone. I'm just a regular kid!
A group of students her age walked past her, laughing amongst themselves. Tempest sighed, wishing her best friend hadn't moved to Orlen. Shystia's father had received a promotion from the king, and now she was attending Atwaris.
Tempest headed toward her next class, elemental magic. This was her favorite class, and she was especially good at it. She opened the door and entered, aware that she was early. "Hi Professor Darsmoon," she said.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:44 pm

Filrian looked up. "Ah, Tempest. You're early. I love punctuality. You know what this means?" he said, his eyes twinkling. "You don't get the seat of rejection! Congratulations! Quick, pick a seat, before anyone else arrives."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:24 am

Tempest cracked a smile. "Thanks, Professor." She took one of the seats in the front row. This was one class she actually liked paying attention to. "So what's new with you today, sir?" she asked, leaning on her elbows after setting her bookbag down by her seat.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:26 am

"Oh, nothing much. I offered this one kid free tutoring on evenings. I'm going to be meeting him at my house tonight," said Filrian. "How have you been?" Tempest was one of his favorite students; she always paid such good attention.
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:38 am

Tempest raised her eyebrows. "Free tutoring? What are you going to be teaching him? How much magic does he know?" She glanced at the door as a couple of tall boys entered.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:41 am

Filrian shook his head. "I'm not sure how much he knows or what I'm going to teach him. I think I'll subject him to the secret tests, if you know what I mean. The ones first years go through." He glanced at the boys. "Welcome. Please be polite and take the seats of rejection in the back. I dare say it's your turn."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:48 am

Tempest made an interested sound in her throat. "Cool. How old is he? The same age as a first year? Or older?"
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:52 am

"Well... I think he's around 16 or 17," said Filrian. "If he joins the school, he'll just be another of those overage firsties."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:54 am

Tempest's eyes widened. "16 or 17? You're kidding. How come he hasn't come here if he's got potential? I mean, obviously he does, right, or you wouldn't be tutoring him..."
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:01 am

"I assume he has potential. I just don't think he can afford the Academy, you know. At least it's not 1300 Orda," he said with a slight chuckle.

Niphia Aeonbrand quietly entered the room. She looked around, and was distressed to see that her usual seat (the seat of rejection) was already taken.

"Ah, Niphia!" said Filrian, causing her to blush. "Please, take a seat. Why not next to Tempest?"

Niphia nodded and reluctantly headed to the seat next to Tempest's. She sat down, and started tracing her finger along a scratch on her desk.
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:12 am

Tempest nodded thoughtfully. "Hmm. Well, hopefully he's able to come here at some point. Not that your tutoring isn't good, but it can't be easy learning like that." She glanced at the girl next to her. Professor Darsmoon had called her Niphia. Tempest had never actually met Niphia, but she had seen her around. "Hi. I'm Tempest. You're Niphia? It's nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:16 am

Niphia didn't look up. "Yeah," she muttered. Then she looked up. "It's... nice to meet you too, I guess." She resumed tracing the scratch on the desk.

"Yeah, not very easy. Even if the great king himself was to tutor the kid, he wouldn't get a full education," said Filirian. He looked at Tempest and Niphia. "Nice to see you two getting along, after so long at the same school."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:32 am

Tempest shrugged. The girl didn't seem to happy to speak with her, so she wouldn't make too much of an effort. Tempest wasn't enough of a people-person to be concerned with making friends with her classmates. She turned her attention to the back of the classroom where the two boys that had been sent to the seats of rejection were causing trouble.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:16 pm

Filrian coughed. "It appears the other students are starting to run late. Well, I suppose I shall start with announcements." He looked down at his pile of notes. "We have a lab today starting at 4 o'clock, and ending at 5 o'clock. If you are not going to be able to make it, let me know, and we can set up another time so you can make up. Also, there will be no lunch period today, thanks to the very shocking and startling incident yesterday. We will attempt to have lunch period again tomorrow, but no promises." He paused as more students walked in. This was most of the rest of the class. "Homework. I want an essay one page long on Moraina's influence on Elemental Magic."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 11:47 pm

Tempest groaned along with the rest of the class at the homework assigned and the lack of a lunch period. She raised her hand.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:51 am

"Yes, Tempest? You have a question?" said Filrian, peering over his notes.
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:54 am

"Yeah... why don't we get a lunch period? What are we gonna do instead? When are we gonna eat?" She raised her eyebrows, curious.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:01 am

"Why not? Well... One kid kind of blew up the mess hall yesterday. Food EVERYWHERE! They're still working it out. As a result, no lunch break. As a result of that, school will let out an hour earlier. That is why your lab is at 4, when it normally would have been at 5," said Filrian, matter-of-factly. "School ends at 3 today."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:04 am

Tempest thought for a moment. "So we have to go home or get something to eat for an hour before our lab?"
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:07 am

"Technically, yes, if you put it that way. Now, if you're done talking, we should start. Otherwise, school will end at its usual time." He paused as he arranged his notes. "Now, who can tell me what the last chapter was about?"
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:11 am

Tempest rolled her eyes good-naturedly at her teacher and proceeded to doodle on the paper on her desk. She wasn't worried about getting a bad grade; she already had the highest grade in this class.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:15 am

Filrian looked around, slightly disappointed. "No one? Well, then... Very well. Today we shall study what we've all been waiting for: Summoning lightning. Please, we are only studying the concepts of it. We will be practicing it later on today as a lab."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next