Ordivan RPG Forums
Please login or register.
Ordivan RPG Forums
Please login or register.
Ordivan RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A most EPIC Roleplaying Game!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:53 pm

Keith focused on his glove, pulling up the frustration and irritation that was never far from the surface. He felt the energy rising, faint static electricity crackling over his hand.
Back to top Go down
http://bookwyrmnick.wordpress.com
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:54 pm

*OOC*
That's illusion magic? Huh... Cool.

*IC*
Tempest felt her frustration disappear as she felt the tendrils of magic in her mind, but they left as soon as she did. She clenched her jaw and they returned. Rolling her eyes internally, she felt the heat build in the pit of her stomach, then smiled a grim smile as the lightning arced down to her implement.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Keith bounced a bolt of lightning off his glove to the wall then back to his hand.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:02 pm

*OOC*

I thought Keith had a long dagger?

*IC*

"Good, good."
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:06 pm

*OOC* Oh, did he? It's been a while. Then it was his dagger, not a glove.

*IC*

Keith smirked softly in satisfaction, without losing his irritation. He tossed the electricity from hand to hand before dispelling it.
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:10 pm

Tempest directed the lightning bolt at a target on the far wall, then let it go. "Well, that was better than yesterday," she commented.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:13 pm

Filrian nodded, pleased. "Good job. Now, you may try the other technique if you wish."

*OOC*

Also, Nick, I thought Keith was mental magic? Keep in mind that he's not a godling Wink And he's only 16.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:16 pm

*OOC*

It's not powerful lightning. Just flashy. Razz

*IC*

Keith nodded and went over his books, preparing his mind.
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:17 pm

Tempest glanced at her teacher, wondering if he would give her a tip on how to do it. When he stayed silent, she bit her lip and considered how to go about it. She tried to feel for the magic right underneath her consciousness, but couldn't find it.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:18 pm

Filrian watched in silence, waiting for the inevitable result that he knew was coming.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:21 pm

Keith focused, willing lightning to his hands. He did everything exactly as the book said, picturing the lightning in his mind... and nothing. Not even a spark. He frowned.
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:22 pm

After a few moments, Tempest shrugged in exasperation. " I can't do it."
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:25 pm

Filrian smiled. "Of course not. What you were attempting is a higher level Illusion trick. The main difficulty in it is replicating the effects of lightning so perfectly that no one can tell the difference. That's a large part of Illusionary magic. Evidently they use it in their books, too."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:40 pm

Tempest stared at him, confused. "But... but the book was about elemental magic, wasn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:41 pm

"Who is it by?"
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:48 pm

"Sorvital Aleasen," Tempest informed him.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:50 pm

"Aleasen... Aleasen..." He paused, rolling the name around in his mind, then frowned. "I've never heard of him. That's... odd."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:55 pm

"I have the book here," Tempest said, digging through her bag and pulling it out.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 3:09 pm

Filrian took it and flipped through it, his brow furrowing. "This... this is strange. It addresses many subjects, and rather unconventionally too. In fact, you're right. This lightning-summoning technique is elemental magic, albeit exceedingly difficult. I doubt even I could replicate it. Where did you find this book?"
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 3:13 pm

Keith came over and examined the book as well. Unconventional, hm? Maybe there are secrets in it. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid.
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 3:55 pm

"In my father's library. He collects a lot of rare books. Well, he collects a lot of books, and he especially likes the rare finds." Tempest shrugged. "I could ask him where he bought it if you want."
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 3:59 pm

Filrian shook his head, still flipping through the book. "I doubt there will be many copies of this." He looked up at her. "Do you mind if I borrow this for a short time?"
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 4:05 pm

Tempest shook her head. "No, not at all. Go right ahead. My father will be okay with it. Should I put it in my essay though? I have my notes on it, so I don't need it anymore."
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 4:06 pm

Filrian nodded. "You may as well. You did learn something new, I hope." He winked. "Also, Keith, while we're both here, we may as well have your session now."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 4:13 pm

"Yeah, I think so." She smirked teasingly. "I learned that not even teachers know everything."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next