Ordivan RPG Forums
Please login or register.
Ordivan RPG Forums
Please login or register.
Ordivan RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A most EPIC Roleplaying Game!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:18 pm

Niphia shrugged, then remembered Amber. She left the lab quickly.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 12:30 pm

Keith used his telekinesis to more or less clean up the lab. The moisture and faint charring he left for the cleaning crew, and he walked out, nodding to Tempest as he passed her.
Back to top Go down
http://bookwyrmnick.wordpress.com
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 6:31 pm

Tempest nodded to Keith, her face expressionless. She turned to leave, to get her her homework done so she wouldn't get behind the following day, since she had detention.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 2:35 am

*OOC*

THIS IS NOT ALLOWED TO DIE!!!

But I have no idea what should happen. XD

*IC*

Keith headed home, speculatively eyeing the clouds overhead.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 11:03 pm

*OOC*

Yeah, BloodRansom was just busy with NaNo, and I was busy with school. Now that we have a bit more time, it'll be more active XD And we've been posting a bit in Filrian's house Razz
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 11:10 pm

*OOC*

>_> But I have nothing to do in Filrian's house.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 3:29 pm

*OOC*

That's true. Until the next game-day... Well, Keith could go visit Niphia randomly. She's not doing much. Just gossiping with Amber or something.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 9:33 pm

*OOC*

*confers with Keith* He's pretty isolationist. He doesn't do anything except for personal gain.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Well, I believe Tempest is still present. He could chat with her.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 10:37 pm

*OOC*

Hmmm.

*IC*

Before he left, Keith turned to Tempest. "Thank you for the unintentional help, by the way."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 6:59 pm

Tempest raised her eyebrows. "Oh. You're welcome, I suppose." She wasn't sure how she felt about him cheating off of her, but for some reason, it didn't irritate her too much. "You're in the mental magic field, right?"
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 2:29 pm

Keith swept a bow. "Guilty as charged." He allowed himself a faint smile. "Magic is the mastery of the mind over the body; I specialize in the mental magics because they exemplify that mastery."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 7:41 pm

Tempest shrugged. "I see. I had no choice where my talents lay. I prefer elemental magic over the others anyway, so I'm happy where I am. What's your favorite branch of magic besides mental manipulation?"
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 2:55 am

Keith pondered for a moment. "I think I would have to say," he swirled his hand, creating frost and coalescing it into a rose of ice, "the elemental magic of ice." He held it out to her.
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Tempest raised her eyebrows, but accepted the ice flower. "I see. Ice is nice. I prefer fire. But my dream is to be a weather manipulator. Imagine the raw power and force..." She blinked, wondering why she was telling Keith this.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Keith nodded. "People underestimate the weather. But it can have such an impact, especially in a coastal town like Ren. One good hurricane, and half the town is underwater and the other half is ripped away."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 2:21 pm

Tempest nodded emphatically. "Exactly. It must be amazing to have that amount of control. Of course, the Court doesn't let one use their power too randomly, which is good."
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 12:47 am

"Unless one's definition of random differs from the Court's." Keith shrugged. "If one can control the side effects on the rest of the weather system, I think one should be allowed to use weather magic just as casually as any other."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 8:14 pm

Tempest narrowed her eyes. "Well, it's not like mental magic, where it only affects one person. Weather is a huge phenomenon that affects a whole region. If you're only making it rain above one person, or something like that, then it doesn't really qualify as weather manipulation. Since that implies a storm system or other such destructive and powerful force."
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:39 pm

"But if my crops are about to be frozen, I don't want to wait on the permission of a council of bureaucrats to save them. I'd lose my crops. I need to simply alter the weather and call in warmer air."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:29 pm

"But the easiest solution for that would simply be an enchantment. Enchantments like that aren't too difficult for a good wizard, and it affects no one but yourself." She shrugged. "I think that would be more logical. And then you wouldn't have to worry about the fine points of the magic restrictions."
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:32 pm

"But the point of what I'm saying is that there should be no restrictions, except to not harm others. Magic isn't owned by the council; why should they decide how much of it I can use and when?"
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:38 pm

"Well, that would be an idealistic society," Tempest said, raising her eyebrows and pursing her lips. "Where there is power, there should be restriction. If you don't have a standard, there can't exactly be much accountability. And besides. It's not as if every little thing a weather manipluator does has to be approved. You just need a license. Then they know who's practicing it, and can keep tabs on them."
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:58 pm

"That's still not their place. It isn't their place to intervene in my business, to know exactly what I can do. As long as I'm not hurting anyone, what does it matter what powers I have?"
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:54 pm

Tempest closed her eyes and took a deep breath, willing herself to stay calm and not get too frustrated. "What does it matter if they know that you know how to manipulate the weather - or in your case, use mental manipulation? It helps keep all of society safe and under control if they have some idea of who the most powerful wizards in the nation are. I believe licensing is fair, and makes sense. Otherwise you have crazy people who think they can do things like that, and they end up messing things up for everyone. It's not like they restrict everything you do."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next