Ordivan RPG Forums
Please login or register.
Ordivan RPG Forums
Please login or register.
Ordivan RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A most EPIC Roleplaying Game!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:47 pm

Keith looked up as well, the sight of the professor reminding of the his tutoring session. In the excitement of discovering the Valentine library, he'd nearly forgotten.
Back to top Go down
http://bookwyrmnick.wordpress.com
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:21 pm

"Ah, yes, thank you." Filrian walked to Tempest. "What's your question?"
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Tempest showed him the two books. "I was working on my essay, but these two books contradict each other. I'm not sure which one to use as a reference, since they're saying the opposite of each other."
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Keith piped up. "I told her we should just test both."
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:31 pm

Filrian glanced at Keith. "Test it?" He looked at Tempest. "And what did you have to say about this idea of his?"
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Tempest shrugged. "That we'd get into trouble, and it's illegal."
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:56 pm

Filrian smiled slightly. "Well, yes, true. But, you are old enough to come to the school and practice, if you have a professor present to supervise. So, in this instance, Keith was correct. I suppose it was my fault for not saying much about it." He paused, musing. "Sorry about that." He winked at Tempest and addressed Almiri. "I need to borrow these students if you don't mind."

Last edited by Piutebob on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:04 pm

Keith gathered up his books with a grin.
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:08 pm

Almiri shrugged. "Fine, I suppose. As long as it's school-related."

Tempest grabbed her books and climbed out of her desk.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:10 pm

Filrian led them out of the room and toward a practice area. "It's right this way."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:13 pm

Tempest followed him, pleased to have gotten out of detention, especially for something like this.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:17 pm

He entered through a door on the left side of the hallway, stepping into a large nearly-empty room. "Ah, perfect."
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:20 pm

Keith followed as well, setting his books down on a desk.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:24 pm

"Now, which method do you wish to test first?"
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:38 pm

Tempest held up a book. "I was thinking I would try this one first, since it's similar to what we did yesterday. It says that you have to pull the energy into your gut with your emotions. The other one said to leave emotions completely out of it, because you can't always have complete control of your emotions, so if you always do magic with your emotions, it'll be unpredictable."
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 3:29 pm

Filrian smiled and nodded slightly. "Before you test it, hypothesize, for that is the secret to being a great mage. Which do you think will work better?"
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 3:31 pm

"I think it will vary from person to person," Keith said. "I think Tempest will get more power from the emotional method, while I will get more power from the controlled method."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:27 pm

Tempest shot Keith a withering glance. "And why is that? Because I'm constantly frustrated? Cause that's not true." She turned to Filrian. "I think it could work both ways. Obviously the emotional method works, since that's what we used yesterday, but I think maybe the controlled method works better in the long run, once you've learned how to do it."
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:30 pm

Filrian nodded. "That does, of course, depend on the wizard. Can you give me any reason as to [i]why[i/] they are different techniques? Keep in mind that elemental magic is a very emotional area."
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:39 pm

"Because the emotional way is dependent on a different kind of control. You control your emotions, and the effect is that you manipulate the elements. The other way seems more... direct. But I'm not sure how you would do it." She frowned.
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Keith pondered that for a moment. "I suppose it could be a difference between wizards who use their head and wizards who use their heart. That's not scientific, but it's accurate."
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:43 pm

Filrian smiled. "Try the techniques, and see how it is."

*OOC*

Just thought I'd say: Neither of them will be able to do it the other way Razz
Back to top Go down
bookwyrmnick
Sensei
bookwyrmnick

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:45 pm

*OOC*

Why?

Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:49 pm

*OOC*
Yeah, didn't think so =P Seems kind of advanced.

*IC*
Tempest held her implement and furrowed her brow, concentrating on the annoyance she felt at life in general. She bit her lip and scowled, closing her eyes. She felt it, right on the edge of her consciousness - the raw power of the elements.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:50 pm

*OOC*

Cause the other is Illusion magic, and something only Illusion mages with skill beyond what Keith and Tempest have can do.

*IC*

Filrian smiled and watched.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding   Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iseld Teser Academy for Wizarding
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next