Ordivan RPG Forums
Please login or register.
Ordivan RPG Forums
Please login or register.
Ordivan RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A most EPIC Roleplaying Game!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random chat topic

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:38 am

Okay, well, I'm bored, and I think we need to have just a boring old chat topic (which won't stay boring if someone comes and joins me in here).

So. How's life?
Back to top Go down
Bad Matt
Level 1 Player

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Great! I just finished filling in the gaps of my first chapter!
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Oh that's awesome! What's your story about?
Back to top Go down
Bad Matt
Level 1 Player

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 2:55 pm

Well...here is the outline:

Meldun is a Norseman shipwrecked in England. While he was in Norway, his family was framed of treason by Bolverk. They barely escaped with their lives and sailed for England. During the voyage to England a storm rises and sinks their ship. Meldun is the sole survivor of the wreck, and lands in England near the village of Kenton. Because of the bad relations between Norway and England, he must hide the fact that he is Norse.
Bolverk follows Meldun's family's escaping ship from Norway. He survives the storm, and lands safely in England. A few days after Meldun reaches Kenton, Bolverk attacks and burns Kenton. Meldun fights back and rescues a Saxon noblewoman named Aylett and her younger sister, Aewyne, from Bolverk's men. Those three are the only people to get away from the attack. Meldun takes Aylett to York. On the way they discover that there is a huge Norse invasion of England. When they reach York he decides to join the Saxon army and fight the Norse invasion.

I'm still looking for a title, so ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 3:00 pm

That sounds really cool! Are you writing the accents in, or just kind of assuming them? I bet it's a fun story to write Very Happy

And don't worry about a title... I didn't have mine until I'd stewed over my story for a few months. It's not finished yet =_= But it's getting there.
Back to top Go down
Bad Matt
Level 1 Player

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 3:02 pm

I'm not doing accents, because at the time the story is set, English hasn't even been invented, so they would be speaking different languages anyway Wink

yeah, I'm not expecting to get a title for a long time, but I'm still hoping Razz

What is your story about?
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 3:10 pm

Ahh, clever Very Happy (Dude, I hate the emoticons on here...)

Titles are nice, that's for sure. Even just a working title. For some reason, they help cement ideas down a bit.

Oh goodness... I've never come up with a very efficient synopsis, but here goes: Trace is a normal teenage kid on the outside. He lives in a nice neighborhood (Montecito, if you're at all familiar with CA - it's on the beach, and all the houses are priced in the millions) and has great friends. His home life, however, sucks. His step-dad's abusive, his older brother ditched his family years ago, and his older sister was murdered. Now, Trace's brother Quin is back, and he wants Trace's help with something. Quin's gotten involved in a Satanic cult, and wants to do away with their step-father.
Basically, I suck at summaries, but Trace and his friends have to stop Quin from killing Steve, and rescue Trace's mom, who Steve has abducted after putting her in the hospital... it's complicated =P
Back to top Go down
Bad Matt
Level 1 Player

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 3:29 pm

(I don't like the emoticons either)

yeah, it helps make you want to write more

Nice! (I'm not familiar with CA, I live about three thousand miles from CA)

How far have you gotten, and do you have a title yet?
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 3:44 pm

Oh, gotcha. I live pretty far away now, but we just moved to Kentucky a bit over a month ago. Never actually been to Montecito, though.

It's called Chelsea Smile, and I'm about 56K words into it. Like halfway or something through chapter 9. I did it for NaNo last year, and I've done some editing and some more writing in it since then, but life's been crazy. But I was pleased to see that double spaced in Courier New, it's more than 300 pages *grins*
Back to top Go down
Bad Matt
Level 1 Player

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 3:51 pm

yeah, I'm even farther than that, I'm all the way on the east coast

Why did you call it that? (not that it's a bad title, I'm just curious)

Cool! I just finished filling in the gaps for my first chapter, but I have a lot of chapters 2-4 too
You're also supposed to indent five spaces for it to be in publishing format
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Oh gotcha. It's so different from California, that's for sure.

Wellll... a few reasons, actually. Quin's girlfriend (who plays an interesting role in everything) is named Chelsea, and Quin has a thing for Chelsea smiles... which are like what the Joker has. Gangsters in Chelsea, England used to cut their victims' cheeks, and then stab them in the stomach or knee them in the groin to make them scream and split their faces all the way open... *realizes this is some pretty morbid trivia to know*

Ehhh... I'll do that later =P Haha.
Back to top Go down
Bad Matt
Level 1 Player

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:03 pm

ahh =P yeah pretty morbid

yeah, fortunately, I realized this early on and started indenting then
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Yeah =P But the story itself is pretty dark, so it all works. I love my title *huggles CS* Plus, Chelsea is one of the creepiest/weirdest charries in there, so it's fitting.

Yeah, that was probably a good idea. I didn't do any special formatting when I wrote it, cause NaNo wasn't about that. It was all about just getting as much out on paper without worrying about how crappy it was. I hated my first chapter soooo much, but I rewrote it and it's a bit better now.
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:08 pm

BloodRansom wrote:
Ahh, clever Very Happy (Dude, I hate the emoticons on here...)

If you want to make custom ones, go ahead then send them to me. I can add them.
Back to top Go down
Bad Matt
Level 1 Player

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:32 pm

BloodRansom wrote:
Yeah =P But the story itself is pretty dark, so it all works. I love my title *huggles CS* Plus, Chelsea is one of the creepiest/weirdest charries in there, so it's fitting.

Yeah, that was probably a good idea. I didn't do any special formatting when I wrote it, cause NaNo wasn't about that. It was all about just getting as much out on paper without worrying about how crappy it was. I hated my first chapter soooo much, but I rewrote it and it's a bit better now.

it sounds like it is

yeah, NaNo will do that to your writing
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 2:36 pm

At some point, if you wanted to read it, I'd be more than happy to submit it to your critiques ^_^ I can never find anyone who wants to critique it consistently.

Ahh, gotta love NaNo.

@Robbie: How would one go about making an emoticon? Meh
Back to top Go down
Piutebob
Level 3 Player
Piutebob

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 2:40 pm

@BR Haha the one you just used is a custom one by me Razz Microsoft paint is one way (that's how I made that one) and just make it suuuuuper small. I think a picture could work if it's small enough. Meh
Back to top Go down
Bad Matt
Level 1 Player

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 2:52 pm

BloodRansom wrote:
At some point, if you wanted to read it, I'd be more than happy to submit it to your critiques ^_^ I can never find anyone who wants to critique it consistently.

Ahh, gotta love NaNo.

@Robbie: How would one go about making an emoticon? Meh

Sure! I'd be happy to read/critique it for you. do you want a full critique or just a general one?
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 3:10 pm

@PB: I knooowwwwww. That's why I used it. =P

@Matt: Whatever you have time for ^_^ I'd love a full critique.
Back to top Go down
Bad Matt
Level 1 Player

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 6:07 pm

Okay, beware the red ink Wink
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:43 am

Mwahaha red ink is awesome. Shall I email it to you, or PM it to you on OYAN? And I'll have to split some of the chapters up.

Oh. And just so you know, there's a bit of language, and some... well, I guess what you'd call "thematic elements." Like, abuse and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Bad Matt
Level 1 Player

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:45 am

PM it to me on OYAN.

okay, thanks for the warning
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:58 am

Okay, will do! ^_^ Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Bad Matt
Level 1 Player

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:59 am

it might take me a few days to critique it all the way, but hopefully not too long
Back to top Go down
BloodRansom
常駐バンパイア
BloodRansom

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:15 am

That's totally fine! Right now, it's pretty long, so if you want to just go a chapter at a time, just take your time. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random chat topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random chat topic   Random chat topic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random chat topic
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ordivan RPG Forums :: Out of Character Zone :: Random Discussions-
Jump to: