Ordivan RPG Forums
Please login or register.
Ordivan RPG Forums
Please login or register.
Ordivan RPG Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A most EPIC Roleplaying Game!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Tragedy of Shi Fu Rong

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fen-Sheng
King of Ordivan

The Tragedy of Shi Fu Rong Empty
PostSubject: The Tragedy of Shi Fu Rong   The Tragedy of Shi Fu Rong I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 8:09 pm

Many years ago, before the reign of the great and eternal King Fen-Sheng, there was a warrior, the son of a noble, one of the Chang Shouming. He was proud, and had recieved much fame and glory through his adventures in Ordivan and Kentair. His name was Shi Fu Rong.

He was strong; his deeds were great and well known throughout the land. His skill with the Miao Dao was without compare and he was adept at the magic of his people. It was well known that he considered humans inferior to himself and his race.

It was a bleak morning. Shi Fu Rong strode out into the courtyard of his father's great castle. A servant came and said to him, "O Master Rong, he who is comparable to the gods, it is not fit for you to walk. Take the palanquin, my lord. Unless, of course, my lord does not wish to be confined to such a small space."

"Lowly servant, I have no desire to take the palanquin today. Leave now, before I destroy your foul corpse," Shi Fu Rong responded.

The servant bowed and walked off. "As you wish, my lord."

Shi Fu Rong approached the armory. He had had a dream in which he slew an army of three hundred humans with naught but his Miao Dao, magic, and martial arts. Thinking it was a prophecy, he was going to ride to a nearby human city, and was going to live his dream.

Taking his elegant sword, he held it in front of his face, his right hand clutching the hilt, his left on the side of the blade. He swung it around a few times with perfect form before sliding it into his belt.

He left the armory, his gray cloak flowing behind him. He approached a group of servants, who bowed as he passed them.
One of the servants ran up to Shi Fu Rong when he beckoned. "Get me a horse," he demanded. The servant sprinted off to do his master's bidding, and came back shortly with an intimidating, black horse. Shi Fu Rong mounted the horse, then headed toward the gates.

He stopped in front of the tall, metal portcullis. "Let me out," he ordered. The portcullis rose and the drawbridge was lowered.

He crossed walked across the drawbridge over the Cocila-filled* moat. He galloped in the direction of the nearest fortified human city.

He slowed his horse as he got closer to the city. A guard on the wall called out, "What business do you have with us, Chang Shouming?"

"Send out your fiercest warriors," cried Shi Fu Rong, "or I shall destroy your entire city."

There was a short wait before the gate lowered and three hundred armed warriors came out on horses.

"Excellent," muttered Shi Fu Rong, as he dismounted his horse and drew his Miao Dao.

The warriors charged. Shi Fu Rong swung his Miao Dao at the nearest horseman, toppling him. With a blast of his arcane power, he felled two more.

An arrow whizzed toward him, which he deflected with his sword. However, the technique of these soldiers was great, for they had surrounded him. One of the warriors seized this as an oppurtunity to strike, and, using all his strength, stabbed the back of the Chang Shouming with his spear.

Shi Fu Rong gasped as he was run through by the fatal spear. As blood poured down his back, he turned and unleashed a torrent of flame from his sword towards the soldier.

However, this did not save him. As Shi Fu Rong collapsed to the ground, he could not help but think that perhaps, perhaps he had been too arrogant, that he had underestimated his foes.

*Cocila are enormous, unintelligent snakes that can live in and out of water. They will eat anything they can reach, occasionally even each other.
Back to top Go down
https://ordivan.actieforum.com

The Tragedy of Shi Fu Rong
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ordivan RPG Forums :: Out of Character Zone :: Random Discussions-
Jump to: